Friday, November 14, 2014

Hello!

This is a break from (what was supposed to be a fortnightly post of) weekend favorites. If you like to keep updated with my life via blog, you probably guessed that my absence was due to a busy time during the semester and you would be right. :)


Coffee and prayer are helping me though the tough days, and while there are some days I wonder if I have a mental disability, I realize that it's in those moments that learning and growing are taking place academically, musically, spiritually, and personally. It really is wonderful.


I won't bore you with those things, but you may like a few random other things happening in the life of a college student:


-It snowed a couple of weekends ago. Apparently SC doesn't get snow that often as it was a pretty big deal.
-I usually catch myself before I start speaking Spanish verbs in English sentences.
-There are only 10 more days until Thanksgiving Break.
-Cooking for just one person is getting more normal. Tonight I made a single serving size of Mujaddara loosely based off of this recipe with a good green salad. I love cheap healthy foods.

The supper my roommate made for me when I was experiencing some burnout. She's an amazing cook, and it's been fun to get ideas from her. It's also nice that she likes healthy foods.

-When I need a break away from college work, I will often watch an episode of Downton Abbey and then dream of 1920s fashions. A few weeks ago you may have noticed this beaded gown that I pinned on pinterest. Isn't it "yummy"?
-Don't ever 2nd guess yourself. It may give you a 96% on a psychology test instead of a 100%. ::still kicking myself::
-Tradition in our family holds that Christmas music isn't listened to until Thanksgiving Dinner is over with. This year I've been sorely tempted to be a rebel. ;)
-Maybe one day I'll gain some coordination in conducting with two hands or coordination in playing piano. Can I recommend just playing the violin to people? It's waaaaay easier than piano.
-Just a little over a month until I go home for Christmas break. How is it that the semester has flown by so fast??

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So enjoyed hearing what you have been up to Cheri! I have to admit I began listening to Christmas music this weekend. Usually I like to wait until Thanksgiving too, but this weekend we found a placido Domingo Christmas record at the thrift store and I couldn't resist. : )

May the LORD bless you!

-Sarah